MASS #2 2008, French Creek State Park

Year number two for me, competing in MTB racing. I do it for the fun and for the push/drive to keep riding. Plus I think it's a good indicator to gage my riding strength and skills. This was the first race for me this year, and I wasn't too thrill about the wet weather before the race. The start times were pushed back an hour to let the track dry out. Well it was still wet, but very rideable. 1-2 miles in I'm mid pack and feeling strong, then my chain goes pop and I look behind me to see it laying on the trail. Crap! Get off the trail, chain tool and a quick link, add 5min's, and I'm back down the trail. Oh, the next wave of riders is upon me.
I take the downhills much better than last year and walk some of the new section that are horse/hiker only trails during the year, but I keep moving. 11.5-12 miles later, I ended up 21 out of 27 and only 3sec's behing 20th place. With the chain penalty, I probably cold have finished 15th-16th, but I feel it was much better than last year. Nothing to be disappointed about, stuff happens. Needless to say the bike and rider were covered with mud, and the red stuff at FC stains I found out.
I can't wait till Granogue, DE on May 24th. Oh, and a much needed trip to SVB for a new drivetrain.
Again, I'd like to say it's nice to have Sals and Lehigh so close to me to work on my aggressive trail riding.
Get out and ride!!!